21 March, 2022
Gunnedah Shire will once again commemorate ANZAC Day in the true Anzac spirit, with services around the Shire.
Gunnedah Shire Mayor Jamie Chaffey said the community had always turned out in large numbers to pay tribute to those who have served.
“ANZAC Day is an important day in the Australian calendar, and has always had a special place in Gunnedah Shire’s heart,” Cr Chaffey said.
“Our Shire should be proud of the way we have marked this day each year, and this year will be no different.
“Services around the Shire will remember those who have served, who fought and gave their lives in conflicts around the world. I urge everyone to attend a service if they can, or to spend a moment or two thinking of those who have served in the past, or who are even now serving their country.”
- the dawn service will begin at 5.30am at the Cenotaph in Conadilly Street
- the ANZAC Day march will begin at 10.30am in Marquis Street and continue down Conadilly Street. The assembly point for the march will be the corner of Marquis and Elgin streets, outside Mitre 10 from 10.00am
- the official service will begin at 10.45am at the Cenotaph on the corner of Elgin and Conadilly streets.
- an ANZAC Day Service will be held at 8.30am at the Breeza Cenotaph.
- a Dawn Service will be held at 5.15am at the Curlewis Cenotaph
- the official service will be held at 9.00am at the Curlewis Cenotaph.
In Tambar Springs:
- a Dawn Service will be held at 5.30am
- the official service will be held at 11.00am (assembled by 10.45am)
- There will be no services at Premer this year
- Note: Dawn Service is always held at Tambar Springs, but the ANZAC Day Service alternates between Tambar Springs and Premer each year.
Caption: Gunnedah Shire band marching in the 2021 Gunnedah ANZAC day service
Media and communications team contact: (02) 6740 2100.