Garbage collection service
Gunnedah Shire Council provides residential households a kerbside waste collection service for residences within the town boundaries of Gunnedah, Carroll and Curlewis. For more information please see the Gunnedah Greenwaste Calendar and Gunnedah Greenwaste Collection Maps included in the below document.
Gunnedah Shire Council provides a weekly general household waste bin (red lid) and recycling bin (yellow lid) service which is collected on the same day each week. The Greenwaste bin (green lid) is collected fortnightly with your household and recycling bin. For more information on your Greenwaste Bin collection dates, please see the Gunnedah Greenwaste Calendar included in the above document.
- On collection days, place bins at least one metre apart and clear of cars, trees and other obstacles.
- Your bin lids should close completely and nothing should protrude out of the top.
- Face bin openings to the road and place bins no further than one metre from the kerb or road’s edge.
- So you don’t miss a collection, remember to place your bin(s) at the kerb the evening before collection.
Missed Household, Recycling or Greenwaste Collection
To report a missed service for Household or Greenwaste services contact JR Richards on 1800 208 141 and to report a missed Recycling service contact Recyclit 02 6742 1522.
Please note your bin will not be collected for any of the following reasons:
- if your bin was not put out on the kerb before the truck serviced your street (bins should be placed out the night before);
- if you used an old style bin (black base);
- the bin does not have a coloured lid
- the bin contained items that are not permitted; and/or
- if your bin is too heavy or overfilled.