Gunnedah Shire Council is once again inviting applications from eligible community and sporting groups for financial assistance under its annual Section 356 Community and Sports Small Grants Program.
The program has been in place for more than a decade, and is designed to support the work of local not-for- profits, charitable community and sporting groups and organisations.
“The level of funding available under the program is dependent on the project but can be up to $5,000” said Gunnedah Shire Council Mayor, Jamie Chaffey.
“The financial program is designed to aid the continuation of existing local projects or help fund projects that meet the needs of our growing community and I would encourage all our local groups to take advantage of this once-a-year opportunity for funding from Council” continued Cr. Chaffey.
Community Small Grants applications shall meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Addresses existing gaps in service or community development
- Addresses issues and/or recommendations outlined in the Gunnedah Shire Community Strategic Plan
- Promotes community development and seeks to address issues of access and equity
- Improves collaboration with other organisations/groups in the Shire
- Has involvement from volunteers and self-help initiatives, which build upon Council’s contribution
- Includes consumer/user participation in management of the project
- An innovative and creative approach to identified needs
Sports Small Grants applications are required to meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Improves participation in their organisation or sports activities
- Addresses safety concerns
- Supports, trains and/or enhances volunteers
- Addresses issues identified within the Gunnedah Shire Community Strategic Plan
“We are looking forward to seeing some very creative ideas and projects and as Council seeks to support the development and continuity of local organisations, priority will be given to those applications that not only benefit their organisation but also the broader community,” Cr Chaffey said.
Application forms and guidelines are available from Council’s administration building, 63 Elgin Street, Gunnedah, the Shire Library or can be online under our Section 356 Community and Sports Grants page. Applications close 5.00pm Tuesday 25 July, 2017.
Further information is available by contacting Debra Hilton on 02 6740 2100 or email@example.com.
Media Contact: Eliza Gallen 6740 2100.