BE PART OF THE ACTION.
GIVE SOMEONE AN OPPORTUNITY TO SHARE THE DREAM!
Batonbearers will inspire others with their passion and commitment to sport and community and be excited to represent and promote the Commonwealth Games.
A Batonbearer will share the dream and carry with pride the spirit of the Games embracing the diversity and values of the Commonwealth. They will inspire others with their passion and commitment to sport and community and be excited to represent and promote the Commonwealth Games.
Nomination & Selection Criteria
We are looking for people of all abilities to share the dream and become a Batonbearer for the GC2018 Queen’s Baton Relay. A Batonbearer is someone who meets one or more of the following criteria:
- Has achieved something extraordinary or inspired others to achieve something extraordinary.
- Has made a significant contribution to either sport, education, the arts, culture, charity or within their community.
- Has excelled, or aspires to excel athletically or personally.
- Who contributes to a fun, friendly, vibrant and inclusive community.
- The minimum age of a Batonbearer is 10 years old as at 25 December 2017 (the start date of the Queen’s Baton Relay in Australia).
- To nominate, explain in 100 words or less how the nominee (the person being nominated) meets one or more of the selection criteria and why they should have an opportunity to carry the Queen's Baton.
- Nominees must be an Australian Citizen or lawfully entitled to reside in Australia during the Relay period (25 December 2017 – 4 April 2018).
What you will need to nominate someone
If you are under 18, you will need to confirm you have obtained parent/guardian consent to make a nomination. You will also be asked to accept the nominator terms and conditions.
For further information on the nomination and selection process, please read the Frequently Asked Questions.
Read more on how the Queen’s Baton Relay supports our GC2018 Reconciliation Plan.
Nominations must be made on or before 15 May 2017 (Nomination Due Date)