The NSW Government has agreed to develop water resource plans as part of implementing the Murray-Darling Basin Plan 2012 (the Basin Plan). The Namoi & Peel surface water (SW14) Water Resource Plan is currently being developed and covers all surface water in the Namoi Valley.
The Namoi & Peel surface water (SW14) Water Resource Plan Status and Issues Paper summarises the status of surface water resources and issues that DPI Water will consider when developing the Namoi & Peel surface water (SW14) Water Resource Plan. Additional issues raised during submission and consultation periods will be considered during the development process.
Copies of the Namoi & Peel surface water (SW14) Water Resource Plan Status and Issues Paper can be obtained at the following locations:
- Namoi Water Shop 3, 69 Maitland Street, Narrabri.
- Wee Waa Library Cnr Rose and George Street, Wee Waa.
- North West Local Land Services (Walgett) 75 Fox Street, Walgett.
- North West Local Land Services (Gunnedah) 35-37 Abbott Street, Gunnedah.
- Tamworth Regional Council Ray Walsh House 437 Peel Street, Tamworth.
- Liverpool Plains Shire 60 Station Street, Quirindi.
Alternatively, phone 1800 316 778 to arrange for a copy to be posted.
HAVE YOUR SAY
DPI Water invites Namoi stakeholders, particularly surface water users, to comment on this Status and Issues Paper.
Stakeholders may submit feedback via email or post:
- DPI Water PO Box 68, Armidale NSW 2350.
DPI Water will acknowledge all submissions in writing.