The $5.9 million Curlewis Pipeline Project will improve water quality, storage capacity and water security for the village. The Curlewis Pipeline Project involves the installation of a new pipeline from Wandobah Road, via Blackjack Forest Road, Booloocooroo and Preston roads to Curlewis and includes the following components:
- Installation of 15.8 kilometres of 200mm water main
- Connection to existing infrastructure in Curlewis
- Two 500 kilolitre concrete reservoirs installed on Preston Rd
- Land acquisition for the reservoir site
- Extension of the electricity supply
- Provision for servicing the rural residential area on the north east side of the rail corridor
- Disinfection booster system
The new pipeline will enter Curlewis via Pike Street and will be installed on the northern footpath for the full extent of Pike Street and will connect to the existing water supply infrastructure.
Gunnedah Shire Council was successful in obtaining $2.6 million in funding from the Federal Government’s Building Better Regions Fund. Council is also seeking funding under the NSW Safe and Secure Water Program for the project.