Each financial year Council invites eligible community and sporting groups and organisations to apply for financial assistance under Section 356 of the Local Government Act 1993.
The Section 356 Grants Program has been in place for more than a decade, and is designed to aid the continuation of existing local projects or help fund projects that meet the needs of our growing community. The level of funding available under the program is dependent on the project but can be up to $5,000 with priority given to those applications that demonstrate benefit to their organisation but also the broader community.
- Community and Sporting Groups located within the Gunnedah Shire area;
- Applicants must be non-profit and community based;
- Applicants must be incorporated bodies or auspiced by an incorporated organisation,
- The grant sought must be of a non-recurrent nature.
- The grant amount requested must be $5,000 or less
- Projects must not have received funding from the State or Federal Governments or other sources for the same purposes for which Council funds are sought;
- Organisations are ineligible if they currently have an existing written funding Agreement with Council
- Applicants must clearly indicate which funding stream they are applying under (Community Small Grants OR Sports Small Grants);
- Council encourages applications, which target communities in the outlying villages and the indigenous community needs; and
- Applicants are only eligible for funding once every two (2) years.
Please note: The Section 356 Small Grants Policy was recently reviewed and endorsed by Council on 21 June 2017. Applicants are encouraged to read the new 2017/18 Policy’s in its entirety.
The Community and Sports Section 356 Small Grants Program is currently closed. For information on the 2018/19 program contact Council’s Community and Social Planner on 02 6740 2100.