The Gunnedah Shire Access Working Group meets bi-monthly and is comprised of a range of internal and community stakeholders. The Working Group is chaired by Councillor Ann Luke and its aim is to challenge and lobby for the removal of social and physical barriers which prevent residents and visitors to the Shire from accessing and participating fully in community life including events, services and programs. The Working Group also plays a pivotal role in ensuring that strategies within the Gunnedah Shire Disability Inclusion Action Plan 2017-2021 are implemented.
The Access Working Group members are appointed annually and consists of the following structure;
- 1 Councillor
- 7 Community Representatives:
- Four (4) community individual representatives,
- Two (2) community organisation representatives, and
- One (1) Gunnedah and District Chamber of Commerce Representative
- Staff from Council’s Planning and Environmental Services Department, GoCo and Infrastructure Services Department support the Working Group to achieve its objectives.
For more information on how you can get involved and become an ‘Access Champion’, contact Council’s Community and Social Planner on 02 6740 2100.
Nomination forms can be downloaded from the link below, or by contacting 02 6740 2100. Completed nomination forms may be submitted via post to PO Box 63, Gunnedah, NSW, 2380 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.