It is very important that all crimes are reported. Correct information about how many and what types of crimes are occurring in the community helps Police to protect residents, visitors and businesses within our Shire.
- Police Assistance Line (PAL) – Phone: 131 444 - to report non-life threatening crime
- Emergency Services – Phone: 000 - For life threatening situations or crimes in progress
- Crime Stoppers – Phone: 1800 333 000 - to report criminal/suspicious behaviour anonymously
- Graffiti Hotline – 1800 707 125 - Free call 9am to 5pm (Council and private property related offences) Check out: https://www.service.nsw.gov.au/transaction/graffiti-hotline
When you need to report a crime or suspicious behaviour to the police always:
- Try to be calm and speak clearly, take a few deep breaths if you have difficulty speaking
- Follow the operator’s instructions
- Give your name, phone number and address
- State the problem
- Give the location and time of the incident
- Give a description of the persons and vehicles involved.
Being the victim of crime is stressful and can be overwhelming. The Police and telephone operators do understand that you have suffered a shock and may be stressed and have difficulty providing a report. They are there to help.