The Gunnedah Economic Development Strategy provides the framework and directions for economic development within Gunnedah Shire, with the focus being on actions that can be achieved over the next 5 years. In particular the Strategy addresses areas such as:
- Attracting and promoting new business
- Projects that can stimulate growth
- Capitalisation of emerging industries
- Diversifying and strengthening Gunnedah’s economic base
The Economic Development Strategy is the starting point for encouraging economic growth within Gunnedah Shire and is presented in two volumes:
Volume 1: Economic Profile provides an assessment of:
- Gunnedah Shire ‐ its role and position in the Northern Inland Region and its competitive advantages and disadvantages.
- Demographic and social characteristics of the Gunnedah Shire community.
- Economic indicators.
- Main economic sectors and activities within the Shire
- Infrastructure and services available to support economic development
Volume 2: Strategies and Actions articulates the objectives and directions for economic development within Gunnedah Shire and provides the strategies and actions to achieve sustainable growth.
The Economic Development Strategy is an evolving document that we aim to update regularly to meet the growth and business needs of the community.